In this article we will tell you about how to increase memory card size. Here’s the complete detail about it.
A Flash card or Memory card is one of the electronic devices which are used in storing some essential information in the digital format. They are being used by many devices such as digital cameras, mobile devices, Laptop, computers, MP3 player and also in video games. It is one of the smallest forms of data storage and a real utility gadget. Generally each and every memory card has a specific capacity of storage. Some store larger capacity which could be unlimited, but some may have only 2 GB of storage space. Now the problem crops up when you have to store the data beyond the capacity of the device. The only option left with you then is increasing the memory card size.
Caught by surprise? Well, technology does enable you with some useful tweaks and this is a full proof way which comes handy most of the times.
To begin with, you will have to download software for resizing the memory card. You could download this from any trusted web resource or can go directly to the site of the driver increaser software for the PC. You should also keep in mind that you should have formatted the drive which size you are planning to increase. For this you will have to go to “My computer”-and then right click on the device and format it. This specific software can increase the size of the memory card to any extent like 8 GB or 4 GB.
The software which you will download will be available to you zipped. Once downloaded you will have to extract it to your computer using a universal extractor. From here you will have to click on the “Drive Increase 2” icon and then click on the start button.
- After executing the above step, your desktop screen will be displaying the command line environment. On the command window enter the name of the memory drive (here you will have to rename the memory drive). You can select the name according to your convenience.
- Then you will have to select the drive letter from D, E or F. But ensure that you haven’t mentioned the name as D: E: F: (as they are name of the drives which are already existing on the system.)
- If the process of creating the drive is successful, then you will be getting some information which would be available in Red color on the screen. In this process you will have to wait for some 3 seconds to get it fully functional.
- Then you will have to press any key to exit from the main window which is displaying the information in red color.
- And you are done. You memory card should now ideally have a larger capacity.