In this article we will tell you how to turn on mobile hotspot iPhone5. Here’s the procedure.
Mobile Hotspot or Personal Hotspot is the name given by Apple for the iOS tethering feature by which your iPhone 5 can be converted into a Wi-Fi or Mobile Hotspot for sharing wireless data connection with other devices. This is a boon for an iPhone user especially a business traveler to stay connected whether Wi-Fi network is available nearby or not.
After the release of iOS 4.3, iPhone users can make their smartphones as a mobile internet hotspot. With this iPhone receives the Wi-Fi signals, and then other Wi-Fi enabled devices can be easily connected to the iPhone 5. Nevertheless, you do not need a Wi-Fi modem and can transform your iPhone 5 into mobile internet hotspot anywhere you are getting a signal.
If you are an iPhone 5 user and want to learn how to turn on mobile hotspot feature, just follow these easy steps.
Using mobile hotspot feature is not free so you must contact your wireless carrier to know wireless plan for adding the tethering package. If your carrier is Verizon, then it may cost you $20/month for 2 GB of data. Whereas, AT&T users will be charged around $50/month for 5 GB of data.
Confirm that your iPhone 5 and other mobile devices that you want to be connected with the Mobile Hotspot meet the system requirements.
Now tap on Setting option—–>General—–>Cellular—–>Personal Hotspot.
After clicking the “Off” button of Personal Hotspot the buttons position will be switched over to “On” position and then verify that you have enabled Hotspot feature on your iPhone 5.
Optionally for your iPhone 5 Personal Hotspot you can also set a password by clicking on the “Wi-Fi Password” option and then securing a password there.
Now you have successfully completed Mobile Hotspot setup on your iPhone 5.
Sometimes things do not go so smoothly, and you can see that the mobile hotspot connection is not working properly.
Here are some basic troubleshooting tips
1. Disable and re enable the Mobile Hotspot feature by repeating the Step 3 mentioned above.
2. Ensure that you have installed the latest iOS version on your iPhone 5. This can be done by tapping the option Settings—->General—->Software Update.
3. You can also reset the network settings by clicking Settings—->General—->Reset—–>Reset Network Settings.
4. If still you are facing the problem in establishing the Mobile Hotspot feature then you can restore the iPhone 5.
Some additional tips and considerations
- Mobile Hotspot feature should be turned off immediately after your internet access session is completed otherwise your iPhone’s battery will be significantly drained off.
- WPA2 protection is required for using the hotspot feature, and if your old device is not supporting WPA2 then upgrade the wireless card before joining it with the iPhone 5 network.
- It all depends on the strength of the cellular network connection, and if the signals are weak your Mobile Hotspot connection can be interrupted. So, you should try to reconnect it once the signals are regained.
- If you are outside your carrier’s network coverage or your iPhone is in the roaming state then tap on Settings—->General—–>Cellular—->Data Roaming
- Remember you will have to pay the data roaming charges. To avoid any unnecessary charges turn off the mobile hotspot feature immediately after use.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.