In this article we will tell you why E-waste recycling is important. Here is the complete details about it.
Nothing is waste in this world.
This is a true and wise saying as the scare resources like flushed water too is being recycled through STP (Sewerage Treatment Plant) for saving the over exploitation of natural water sources. Similarly, we usually come across with the news about recycling of the waste materials like steel, plastic, paper etc. Experts say that majority of the used items can be recycled to produce new ones thus reducing the load on mining for resources and lower the environmental pollution.
The industrial revolution that took place during 18th century in the United Kingdom has spread like a wild fire throughout the world and has usurped the active industrial units. This has lead the modernization of the lifestyle with many instruments, gadgets and equipments being invented by the researchers. Manual works have been mechanized through automatic machines which can work faster than the humans.
On the same note, entertainment too has gone off the field in to the air or underground thus bringing radios, televisions and record players into life. Further researches have helped in producing power resources like batteries which can supply power in remote areas as well.
While up till here it is a happy story of invention and innovation and everything was looking absolutely beautiful. But when the reality made its entry on to the dais in the form of electronic waste, a huge chaos and confusion has settled on the minds of the visionary people like environmentalists. They quickly understood the dreadful effects of electronic waste aka E-Waste and have started finding the ways and means of tackling the rising heaps of E-waste.
As far as the common users are concerned, they were making merry with the careless discarding of the E-Waste with complete unawareness of their harmful effects on their own lives. By the time the actual realization has donned on to the society, enough damages were done to Mother Earth.
International organizations like the United Nations have quickly swung into the action of carrying out awareness campaigns and many countries particularly the biggest contributors to the pollution have joined hands in making these campaigns successful.
The importance of recycling E-waste can be summarized as below:
- E-Waste is contributing to more than 70% of the environment pollution.
- Precious metals like gold and silver are being lost due to mindless disposals of electronic items.
- Careless dumping of batteries which contain harmful chemicals like mercury can spoil not only the environment but also the health of the humans who live in close proximities of landfills.
- The poisonous effects of E-Waste can cause serious and adverse reversals of nature i.e. natural disasters.
- Flora and fauna could get affected heavily thus destabilizing the bio-diversity that is crucial for the survival of the human race.
As a civilized and highly evolved species we can contribute to the efforts of environmentalists and safeguard the nature by adopting the following:
- Every user of electronic goods must adhere to 3Rs i.e. Reduce, Recycle & Reuse.
- Ensuring the safe disposal of E-Waste to protect the environment.
It is not only important to have socio-economical growth but also protecting the ecological and environmental surroundings. Safe disposal of e-waste is one of the best solutions for protecting our Mother Earth.